How to create abandoned cart email for Magento?
Abandoned cart email is a type of quick transactional email sent to your customers to recover lost sales. You can use it to send a reminder about the products they have left in their carts and encourage them to complete their order and proceed to the checkout page.
The abandoned cart email will present a quick summary of the products your customers have left in their cart, which is filled in automatically. It will be sent after a specified amount of time which you can set up in the properties of your message.
Abandoned cart emails can be very beneficial for your business. Apart from forming a bond with your customers, you will also have a chance to win back lost revenue for your Magento store.
Note: You can create only one abandoned cart email per store.
How can I create an abandoned cart email?
To create an abandoned cart email:
- Go to Ecommerce tools > Quick transactional emails.
- Click on the Connect now button in order to integrate GetResponse with Magento.
- Click on the Create quick transactional email button.
- A pop-up window will open. Select Abandoned cart email and click on the Go to email creator button.
- Provide an internal name for your message, define the store, specify the delay for your message, choose from and reply-to emails, type in the subject line and proceed to Design message page.
- On the Design and content page, choose a template to your liking.
- The design of the abandoned cart box is customizable. You can:
- change layout and orientation
- adjust vertical and horizontal spacing
- decide if you want to display reminder text and customize it
- adjust image alignment and padding
- customize product names
- customize price
- customize purchase button.
- You can also add additional elements outside the order confirmation box:
- social media icons
- Click on the Next button in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Save and activate button.
- Your message will be saved under Quick transactional emails tab.
When is my abandoned cart email sent?
Your abandoned cart email is sent when a logged in customer adds a product to a cart, but does not make the purchase.
Note: In order to avoid sending duplicated abandoned cart emails, make sure you turn off the default abandoned cart email in plugin settings.
How can I manage my abandoned cart emails?
You can manage your abandoned cart emails in Ecommerce tools > Quick transactional emails, where you will see all types of quick transactional emails that you have created.
Under the name of your message, you will see:
- the store your message is linked to
- the type of your message.
In this tab, you can also check general statistics for your quick transactional emails:
- number of delivered messages
- open rate
- click rate.
The Actions menu (vertical ellipsis) allows you to edit, preview and delete your message, as well as send a test message.
Note: You will need to deactivate your email first by switching the Status toggle in order to edit it.