How to add an ebook or a video to my message?
The best way to add an ebook (or any PDF file) or a video without affecting the message deliverability is to use direct links. For text links, you’ll be using your Files and images. For video links, you’ll be using services like YouTube. Here’s how the process works:
- From the Dashboard go to Files and images.
- Upload your file into the Documents tab.
- Click the file to open it (the file opens in a separate window).
- Copy the URL.
- In the message editor, paste the URL and hyperlink it.
In order to add a video to your message, drag and drop the video block to your canvas.
Then, click on the block, paste you Vimeo or YouTube link and click Go.
Next, you will be able to adjust the settings of how the video looks like. You can:
- Add alternative text that will be displayed when hovering over the image,
- Define the button shape and color,
- Change the size of the block or adjust it to width,
- Align it left, right, or center,
- In advanced settings choose the border and padding for the element,
- Hide it on the mobile version.
Upload your videos to YouTube. In your messages, link directly to a video there.
You can also share URLs by adding a button and linking the button to the file so the file can be downloaded. Finally, you can capture the first screen of the video, upload it to Files and images, add to the editor and link that picture to the URL of that video.
To learn more about editing messages, go to What editing options are available inside Email Creator?