Can I add Salesforce customers and prospects to my contact list?
You can integrate your Salesforce and GetResponse accounts when you want to add your existing and future Salesforce clients to your GetResponse lists. With this integration you can:
- Set up regular imports to your contact list or lists.
- Add new contacts and update existing contacts.
- Save the contact information as GetResponse custom fields.
- Add new contacts to an autoresponder cycle to share your content.
- Extend the integration to more than one contact list.
You can edit and disconnect the integration at any time.
- To connect the accounts, you’ll need your Salesforce login credentials.
- You need to have access to one of the following Salesforce editions: Enterprise, Unlimited, Developer, Performance.
- We only import contacts and leads information from Salesforce.
Connect GetResponse and Salesforce accounts
- In the Menu click Integrations.
- Click Details over the Salesforce integration.
- Click Connect to start the integration process.
- You will be redirected to a page where you need to provide your username and password. Then just confirm.
Configure recurring imports
After providing your credentials, you will be redirected to a page where you can configure recurring imports.
To do it:
- Choose to which list you want to import information. Contacts are imported to it every 24h.
- Select the option to add contacts to an autoresponder cycle, if you want them to automatically start receiving messages. This option is only available if there are active autoresponders in the list.
- From the Group dropdown select whether you want to import contacts, leads, or both.
- From the Source dropdown select from which leads or contacts sources you want to import information.
- Specify how to update contact information—add new and update existing contact information, add new contacts only, or only update existing contact information.
- Check the box to confirm your contacts have opted-in.
- Click Next.
Assign custom fields
After configuring imports, you will be redirected to a page where you can map your custom fields to fields from Salesforce.
Our system can automatically recognize the first name, last name, and email fields. Note: Contact email information is required.
For the remaining fields, match the custom fields in your GetResponse account to the fields that contain contact information from the account you’re connecting. To do this, use one of the following options:
- Click on Assign field and choose one of your existing custom fields.
- Select the Skip column marked with “?” box to proceed without mapping custom fields.
Move the mouse pointer over the grid and scroll right to access and configure all the fields. When you’re done, click Import.
Note: Even though we don’t show any specific contact information (custom field values) in the custom fields columns, these values do get imported.
Editing the recurring imports
Go to Menu>>Integrations, hover over Salesforce and click Details.
To edit the contact imports, click Manage integration> Imports. Then expand the Actions menu (vertical ellipsis) and select Edit settings to change the details of the integration for a particular list. From the same menu you can also force contact import or stop them.
Can I add contacts to more than one list using the Salesforce integration?
You can repeat the process to add contacts into other lists. To do it:
- Go to Menu>>Integrations>>Salesforce.
- Open the Manage integration tab.
- Click Configure imports.
Proceed as described in the Configure recurring imports section.
How do I stop contact imports from Salesforce?
You can stop importing contacts from a single list or disconnect from your Salesforce account. Go to Menu>>Integrations>>Salesforce and open Manage integration. Depending on your need do one of the following:
- To stop importing contacts to one of your lists, click Stop imports in the Actions menu for each list.
- To stop integration completely, click Disconnect from Salesforce.