Conditions, Actions, and Filters
Mining the value of your marketing database
The logic of GetResponse Marketing Automation
Marketing Automation is based on intuitive if-then-logic.
IF certain conditions exist
THEN take a specific action
GetResponse Marketing Automation searches your marketing list to find the condition you specify and take a certain action. Communicate with your audience with even greater precision using a tool called filters.
Here’s a quick rundown of your options for defining conditions, actions, and filters.
GetResponse Marketing Automation makes setting conditions as easy as point and click. Here are the conditions you can use to define your target:
- Use scoring to define the group of subscribers that you want to address by their score value.
- You can narrow your search to those who subscribed to a certain campaign or used a certain sign-up method.
- Set this condition to find those who opened an email — one specific message or any message.
- Use this condition to find those who clicked a specific link. Optionally, set a time limit on when they clicked the link.
- Set this condition to find subscribers you’ve tagged in the past.
- Follow-up with your customers and use this condition to engage with them immediately following a completed purchase.
- Track if an online cart has been abandoned and encourage a completed purchase.
- Learn if a subscriber has visited a specific URL and keep track of their interests.
- Use this condition to target specific message recipients with a chosen action or filter.
- Trigger an action when you or your contacts update a given custom field.
Now that you’ve used conditions to find specific subscribers, it’s time to take an action:
- This action sends a specific email to the subscribers you targeted.
- This action adds (or subtracts) a specified number of points to the scoring of the targeted subscribers.
- This action tags the targeted subscribers with a specified tag value.
- This action allows you to move your contacts from one campaign to another as a result of the interactions with your workflow.
- Copy your contacts from any chosen campaign based on your subscribers' preferences and actions.
- Assign or remove custom fields to subscriber profiles.
- Use this action to define the amount of time to wait before taking the action. Example: for condition-open, wait two days before sending the specified email.
- Copy to workflow lets you add your contacts to another active workflow. This means that your contacts can complete more than one workflow at a time.
- Use Move to workflow to remove your contacts from one workflow and add them to another.
Want to sharpen your targeting even further? Use filters to narrow the group of subscribers that you want to talk to.
- Use this filter to limit the segment to a specified range. For example, you could find the first 50 subscribers who open the message.
- Set this filter to define the number of subscribers who receive the action. Example: send a gift certificate to 10 subscribers only.
- Use this filter to target specific subscribers in your workflow. You can create dynamic and workflow-specific segments based on subscriber data.
- The Campaign filter allows you to target specific subscribers in your workflow based on the campaign they are in.
Use this list for quick reference. For ideas on how to design and implement GetResponse Marketing Automation for your business, download our Planning and Implementation Guide.
Looking for more tools to grow your business?
Browse all features