Can I use a Google Analytics tracking code on my landing page?
No problem. You can track and collect metrics based on your landing pages the same way you monitor your website or ecommerce store. If you already have a Google Analytics account, just enter the tracking code in a new or existing landing page.
We send PageViews data for every visited landing page and “thank you” page. After each subscription we send the following event to Google Analytics:
- Category: Lead
- Action: Registered
- Value: your landing page title
(PRO TIP) Based on this event you can set goals in Google Analytics and measure conversion rate for every source of traffic. Learn how to create goals in Google Analytics.
The GetResponse integration for Google Analytics is free for all users.
How do I integrate GetResponse Landing Pages with Google Analytics?
What you’ll need
An active Google Analytics account.
If you haven’t set up Google Analytic yet, go to https://analytics.google.com and follow the Google instructions.
How do I find the integration ID in Google Analytics?
1. Log into your Google Analytics account and click the Admin link.
2. Select your project from the list in the Account section.
3. In the Property panel, expand the drop-down list and select a property you want to track.
4. Expand Tracking Info and click Tracking Code.
5. Copy your tracking ID. You’ll need it in the following steps.
How do I include the tracking code in my landing page?
To add the Google Analytics tracking code to your landing page:
1. Log into your GetResponse account and do one of the following:
- Create a new landing page.
- Edit the settings of an existing landing page.
2. When you’re happy with your landing page layout, click Next step and proceed to My landing page settings.
3. Scroll down and expand the Analytics & remarketing section.
4. Select Google Analytics from the list and enter your Google Analytics ID using the format: UA-12345678-9.
5. Click Save if you edited an existing landing page or Publish if you created a new one.
You’re all set to enjoy full access to detailed data about your landing page. Use the insights you collect in Google Analytics to increase your conversions.
Why should I use Google Analytics?
With Google Analytics, you can track your visitors and collect lots of valuable information about them. For example:
- You can get to know your users’ interests, language, and locations.
- You can find out what kinds of devices and operating systems they use to access your landing pages.
One of the keys to successful remarketing is to use data collected with Google Analytics. Based on the information you collect and analyze, you can display specific, relevant ads about your products.
Learn how to set up remarketing lists using Google Analytics: