Can I add Shopify customers and products to my contact list?
You can integrate your Shopify and GetResponse accounts when you want to add your existing and future Shopify clients to your GetResponse lists. With this integration you can:
- Set up regular imports to your contact list or lists.
- Add new contacts and update existing contacts.
- Save the contact information as GetResponse custom fields.
- Add new contacts to an autoresponder cycle to share your content.
- Extend the integration to more than one contact list.
- Add and update product data.
You can edit and disconnect the integration at any time.
- To connect the accounts, you’ll need your Shopify store link and Shopify login credentials.
- We only import customers information from Shopify.
Connect GetResponse and Shopify accounts
- In the Menu click Integrations.
- Click Details over the Shopify integration.
- Click Connect to start the integration process.
- Provide your Shopify Shop URL.
- You will be redirected to Shopify login page. Provide your username, then password and confirm.
Configure recurring imports
After providing your credentials, you will be redirected to a page where you can configure recurring imports.
To do it:
- Choose if you want to import products and contacts, only products, or only contacts. Both contacts and products are imported every 24h.
- To import contacts, click the drop-down menu and select a list. Select the option to add contacts to an autoresponder cycle, if you want them to automatically start receiving messages. This option is only available if there are active autoresponders in the list.
- Specify how to update contact information—add new and update existing contact information, add new contacts only, or only update existing contact information.
- Check the box to confirm your contacts have opted-in.
- To import products, expand the dropdown and select which shop you want to import products from.
- Click Next.
Assign custom fields
After configuring imports, you will be redirected to a page where you can map your custom fields to fields from Shopify.
Our system can automatically recognize the first name, last name, and email fields. Note: Contact’s email address is required information.
For the remaining fields, match the custom fields in your GetResponse account to the fields that contain contact information from the account you’re connecting. To do this, use one of the following options:
- Click on Assign field and choose one of your existing custom fields.
- Select the Skip column marked with “?” box to proceed without mapping custom fields.
Move the mouse pointer over the grid and scroll right to access and configure all the fields. When you’re done, click Import.
Note: Even though we don’t show any specific contact information (custom field values) in the custom fields columns, these values do get imported.
Editing the recurring imports
Go to Menu>>Integrations, hover over Shopify and click Details.
Editing contact imports
To edit the contact imports, click Manage integration > Contacts. Then expand the Actions menu (vertical ellipsis) and select Edit settings to change the details of the integration for a particular list. From the same menu you can also force contact import or stop them.
Managing product imports
To adjust product imports, switch the tab to Products under Manage integration > Imports. Then expand the Actions menu (vertical ellipsis). There you can force the import of your products or stop imports.
What types of products can I import?
We only import products which have a name set up and have the status “published”.
Can I add contacts to more than one list using the Shopify integration?
Yes, you can repeat the process to add contacts into other lists.
To do it:
- Go to Menu>>Integrations>>Shopify.
- Open the Contacts tab under Manage integration > Imports.
- Click Configure imports.
- Follow the steps described in the Configure recurring imports section.
Can I add products from more than one shop list using the Shopify integration?
Shopify doesn’t support multistore option, so it’s impossible to import products from more than one store.
How do I stop imports from Shopify?
You can stop importing contacts from a single list or disconnect from your Shopify account. Go to Menu>>Integrations>>Shopify and open Manage integration. Depending on your need do one of the following:
- To stop importing contacts to one of your lists, click Stop imports in the Actions menu for each list under Contacts.
- To stop importing products, click Stop imports in the Actions menu for each shop under Products.
- To stop integration completely, click Disconnect from Shopify.