How do I create and send a newsletter?
Newsletters are the bread and butter of marketing campaigns. They are the easiest way to stay in touch with your customers—e.g. welcome new customers, inform them about upcoming promotions, or send your existing customers an invitation to join a loyalty plan or send them a special offer code.
In GetResponse, you can choose between Drag-and-Drop Email Editor or HTML Source Editor to create your newsletter. With drag-and-drop editor you work with templates and don’t need to do any coding. HTML Source Editor is a good choice for those who are familiar with HTML coding.
Creating a newsletter
The following steps explain the process of creating a newsletter in Drag-and-Drop Email Editor.
- Go to Dashboard>>Email marketing. For one-click access, you can use the Quick actions widget.
- On the Manage newsletters page, click the Create newsletter.
- Click the Drag-and-Drop Email Editor
- Set up the newsletter settings:
- Select a linked list. This is the list where you can find the newsletter statistics for.
- Enter your message name. It will help you to find the newsletter on the Manage newsletters page.
- Enter a subject line for your newsletter.
- Select the From email, and change the reply-to email if necessary
- Optionally, click distribution settings and set up the analytics and social sharing options
When done, click Next step to get to the template gallery.
- Choose a template. Use the side menu to browse the templates by category. You can also import your template or design a template from scratch. Once you choose a predesigned template, you’ll be able to add, rearrange, and edit text and images. Use the side toolbar to add more sections, social sharing buttons. Click Next step when you’ve finished editing the newsletter.
- Select recipients from one or more lists or segments, or select them by hand. You can also exclude contacts from the recipient list. Click Next step to move to review and scheduling.
Sending a newsletter
Review message details. Then, schedule your newsletter or send it right away. If you’d like to adjust when they receive your newsletter, turn on Perfect Timing.