How can I add a GetResponse exit popup to my landing page with Google Tag Manager?
Before you begin
- If you don’t have an active Google Tag Manager, be sure to create one first. Please refer to Google Tag Manager Help for instructions on how to create a container.
- Integrate your GetResponse landing page with GTM (this adds the container to your landing page). For instructions on how to do it, please refer to How do I integrate my landing pages with Google Tag Manager
- In your GetResponse account, go to Dashboard>>Forms and surveys and click the Create form button.
- Click List Builder Apps.
- Select the form you’d like to use and click Use app now.
- Click Copy to copy the snippet to the clipboard.
- Log into your Google Tag Manager account and navigate to the container for your domain.
- Click the New button within Tags.
- Name the tag GR Webform.
- Click Choose a tag type to begin setup to choose tag type.
- In Tag Configuration, choose custom HTML and paste in the snippet.
- In Triggering, create a trigger. This way the tag can be triggered on a specific landing page. The exit popup will appear just there, and not on a thank-you page as well.
To create the trigger:
A. Click New and select Page View.
B. Select Some page views and enter your landing page URL.
11. Click Save to save the trigger.
12. Click Submit to save all the changes and publish the container with the exit popup tag.